Monday, June 12, 2006

Gelaskins

All us iPod owners love our little iPods like children. As such, we want to make sure they're kept safe from harm and protected from the scratchy, scuffy, mean, old world. In my experience, most cases and sleeves are either too bulky or keep me from actually seeing the screen or touching the click wheel. Or, the case ends up getting scratched all to hell, which kind of ruins the whole point of having a case. Why bother if your iPod's still gonna look like ass?

Behold Gelaskins. A vinyl sticker with slick ass graphics that are also removable. I just got one in the mail today for my 4G. I haven't had a chance to stress test it, but it looks cool as hell. No bulk, but durable with all sorts of space age 3M technological goodness.
They're available for the Mini, 4G, Nano, and Video, so I've already ordered a matching skin for my nano. Aww, won't they look cute???



The only negative so far has been the fact that it took damn near a month to get the thing delivered. There is only one shipping method, standard post, and apparently they've been having problems getting them cleared through customs. It does appear to be well worth the wait though.

Update: The second skin I ordered for my nano came in only a couple days after ordering it, so it would appear that the shipping problems Gelaskins was having have been resolved!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love my iPod, though he only joined the family a few days ago. I did find a pretty nifty case for my Nano, though, that protects the iPod (and more importantly, the screen, gives easy access to controls and ports, a clip so you can hang it from your bag or pocket but still see the screen, a little loop to keep the headphone cord tidy, and even has a clear and protected back so you can see the iPod logo and s/n. It's made by Roots and has a giant Roots logo on the back but... that's easily hidden. I rather enjoy it. That being said... I'll definitely check these out.

Tue Jun 13, 12:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Chico said...

You gotta link for that case?

Tue Jun 13, 01:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Chico said...

Err, URL I mean...

Tue Jun 13, 01:53:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10070345&catid=10676#

Enjoy.

Wed Jun 14, 10:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger h.Lo said...

Totally digging that gelaskin, Joe. Did you even get the Hiroshige painting for yours? Thanks for sharing. ;)

Thu Jun 15, 10:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Chico said...

Yup, I did. I've always been a fan of the Great Wave.

Fri Jun 16, 08:24:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home