Monday, June 19, 2006

Cubs, Cubs, Cubs, tsk, tsk, tsk...

Come on Cubs, you can't even win one freaking game against the Tigers and help out my Sox a little bit? We sweep the Reds at home only to find that we're still a game and a half out of first in the division 'cause the Tigers swept the Cubs at home. And we have the second best record in all of baseball! For the first time this year, I feel the Cubs' pain.

Cubs fans, leave some of your sorrow and pain in the comments below. Trust me, you'll feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I have officially given up on the Cubs this year; everyone and their mom has swept them at home.

Viva World Cup!

Tue Jun 20, 05:07:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until we get Prior back! He's going to be awesome. Then the Cubs will... wait... what did you say? He did come back already? He gave up how many home runs in the first inning? Oh dear.

Yeah, Cubs are done. I'm just looking forward to the trading deadline this year to see what kind of prospects they can get.

Wed Jun 21, 05:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shawn said...

Yep, seems like nothing they try works whatsoever.
Wow, I can't remember ever looking at the Cubs in June and saying "I hope they can get some prospects out of this season", but I totally agree. This is one of the more disappointing Cubs teams ever, considering their payroll, pitching talent, etc.
I'm starting to think that entirely new management is in order, but then again Hendry just signed a big extension. Maybe they can coax Bill James away from the Bosox for "consulting". :)

Thu Jun 22, 05:03:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home