Thursday, November 10, 2005

Maximo Park

Here's a little music recommendation for y'all: Maximo Park's A Certain Trigger.

It's not a great album; it's poorly produced, and their lead singer needs to work on his lyrics. For the record, "french" never, ever rhymes with "dead", ok? He could afford to drop some of the pretension IMHO, and still stay keep your arty post-punk cache. But, what do you expect from a guy with his hair!?!

For all that though, I haven't been able to stop playing the album. There are some great moments in the songs, and the music is fantastic. Let's home that they'll follow up with some more mature, polished efforts.

I heard of them through Warp Records, but other than that, I don't know squat about them. So lemme know what you think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

I agree with everything you said about this album, except for the part about where you can't stop playing it.
Right now I'm really getting into Ladytron's latest "Witching Hour". great mishmash of Brit-influenced electronic and shoegaze.

Mon Nov 14, 11:33:00 AM PST  
Blogger Chico said...

I've had several people recommend the Black Keys to me, but I've yet to get it on my iPod ('cause I'm a lazy sod).

I'll also check out Ladytron as well.

Thnx all...

Mon Nov 28, 07:26:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home