Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's official: The White Stripes are no longer cool

You had to question their indie cred when they won the Grammy. But hey, Elephant was a fucking spectacular album, so you let it slide. You had to wonder when their last album was an overproduced stinker with only two decent tracks. But now, it's official, Jack White has sold out. Yes, that's him doing a jingle (A JINGLE?!?!) for Coca-Cola. That's right, he's shilling for the man.

I really shouldn't be upset, should I? This is the way of the world, right? The circle is unbroken?

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Housecoat said...

I am truly crushed. Not "jump off a bridge" crushed - but crushed just the same!

Wed Apr 19, 11:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Chico said...

Well, I guess that makes sense, what with the red & white fetish he's always had. Maybe I'll just write this off as a warning, with double secret probation.

Thu Apr 20, 08:14:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home